Tuesday, May 19, 2009

sashiko sampler - finished pattern

these photos are my first jab at sashiko embroidery, using a preprinted sampler. i loooove it! and have plans to make all kinds of sashiko projects for my new apartment...
on the internet front, it should be back on line any day now, and believe me, i am excited about that, most likely more excited than even my most patient readers. not that i don't love posting here with iphone + flickr + iphone, indeed i love both flickr and my iphone and especially how i can use flickr on my iphone.

5 comments:

florcita said...

Oh my god! That looks so good and so difficult!!!

hatjunkie said...

This looks so beautiful. I am salivating over all the photos on your blog. I suppose that going to japan to go fabric shopping is not the most practical trip, but now i'm putting it on my list. Glad to have discovered you.

Unknown said...

that's so beautiful!! i am a sucker for patterns... ;) could you hold on to a copy of the sashiko zakka book for me please?? i'll collect it when i visit! hope you are doing awesome :)

liz said...

it's not difficult at all, actually, it just looks complicated!

a trip to japan for fabric shopping sounds good to me....
;-)

liz said...

it's not difficult at all, actually, it just looks complicated!

a trip to japan for fabric shopping sounds good to me....
;-)