Wednesday, November 05, 2008

yes we did!

by a landslide.

last night while we were watching the returns on tv, in a quiet residential neighborhood of seattle, there were fireworks outside and cheering from down the street.

last year, when i was in japan, i was shocked by how closely people were following the democratic primary. i went to get a haircut, and after she found out i was from the states, the first question the woman cutting my hair asked was who i liked better, hillary or obama.

the whole world has been waiting for this.

2 comments:

india flint said...

even down under on the red island we've been jubilating about the new hope for America

Belinha Fernandes said...

Yes, we did wait for this!!Since january I followed USA elections and at night I went to bed at 4 in the morning after Tv showed the results!!(I am from Portugal)I wish you a great 2009!